GOOD LUCK DIARY

Welcome to my Blog! Here you will find random thoughts, opinions and stories about my life, or at least losely based on my life. I hope you enjoy them.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Double Standard

Yesterday my three year old cousin (Andrea) said, “Damn it.”

Everyone acted offended that she would say such a filthy word at our Easter Sunday brunch. She was scolded and then forced to apologize to the family.

However, when Robin Williams says the F-word, everyone laughs.
Audiences say, “Oh, he is so talented and funny. We should pay him millions of dollars to perform in such cinematic masterpieces as RV and Man of the Year.”

If you ask me, there is a double standard. Why aren’t three year old girls allowed to be foul-mouthed comedians? Isn’t that how Dakota Fanning got her start?

No comments: