GOOD LUCK DIARY

Welcome to my Blog! Here you will find random thoughts, opinions and stories about my life, or at least losely based on my life. I hope you enjoy them.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Alumni News




Today I received an e-mail from my this place I graduated from 6 months ago called the University of Tennessee. Contained in the e-mail was the e-torch alumni news letter. I didn't have any thing else better to do, so I decided to read it. This is a copy of one of the articles in the newsletter:

Each year the alumni association recognizes the contributions of alumni chapters throughout Tennessee and the nation. These enthusiastic groups provide unique programming that shares the great things happening at UT with their local community.In addition to annual meetings, many chapters do community service projects and host TV-viewing parties or special activities such as attending performing arts events or visiting museums. Two of the many interesting programs this year were “Design Nashville: How UT is Reshaping Music City” at the Nashville Civic Design Center, presented by the Davidson County Chapter, and “The DaVinci Code: Fact or Fiction?” presented by the Central Florida and Tampa Bay Chapters. Congratulations to all of the UTNAA Alumni Chapter Award Winners for 2006-2007!

Chapters that won the gold award included chapters from Atlanta, Birmingham, Tampa Bay, and Houston, just to name a few. However, I didn't see the unemployed and living with your parents chapter among the winners. As one of the only members of this distinguished chapter, I would like to say that I am outraged! I have conducted annual meetings. These meeting are private meetings, which take place in the bathroom. In fact, I've been know to conduct these meetings up to three or four times a day. Some of my interesting programs include watching Saved by the Bell, going to the Applebee’s' bar at noon, being kick ass, writing this blog, whistling at high school girls from my car, growing a mustache, and fixing dinner for my mom. As for Community Service, I like to drive by the mall where all the high school rift raff hand out and yell, "Hey faggot." That way, they know that they are gay, and won't hang around the mall any more. It usually makes me feel a lot better about myself after I degrade them.
I am making it my personal goal to make sure that the unemployed living with your parents district is awarded a gold award in 2008. We don't get the respect we deserve. I choose to be unemployed and live with my parents. The same way George Bush chooses to be the President or Rosie O'Donnel chooses to be a fat lesbian. We may lack ambition, or the ability to over come our substance abuse, but we are people too. We will not be overlooked. Victory is ours!


No comments: