GOOD LUCK DIARY

Welcome to my Blog! Here you will find random thoughts, opinions and stories about my life, or at least losely based on my life. I hope you enjoy them.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Car/Child/Booster Seats







Lately, I noticed alot of kids riding in car seats. When I was a child, I didn't ride in a car seat. Of course, my family immigrated here from Palestine, and weren't able to afford a car until 1995. Even then we didn't ride in the car much because my father was the only one who knew how to drive, and he was drunk most of the time. Plus the car was an 84 Taurus, which let's face it, just screams loser.
Anyway, I decided to do some research on car seats. State governments require children to ride in car seats based on height, weight, and age restrictions. Many also require seats called booster states, which are a bigger version of car seats. States such as Kansas, Missouri, and Washington require children to be over 57 inches tall and weigh over 80 pounds, or 18 years old before they leave their booster seat. Other states such as Florida and Arizona don't give a shit about kid's safety. (You only have to be over 5 years old to leave your booster seat) Florida and Arizona also encourage kids to eat glass and talk to 38 year old men they met on myspace.com.
I personally didn't weigh over eighty pounds until I was in the sixth grade. Partly because I immigrated from Palestine, but mostly because I ate nothing but laxities until I was 9 years old. Can you imagine being in fifth grade and still having to ride in a car seat? They may call them booster seats, but its not going to boost their self confidence. Not having to ride in a car seat would be an incentive to become obese. Of course, becoming fat right before you enter middle school in not the smartest idea in the world. (To all the seventh grade girls out there with eating disorders, I would suggest using laxities. Also, don't worry, one of these days after your awkward phase; boys will think you are pretty. And by pretty, I mean pretty skinny)
I also wonder about midgets, or as they like to be called, little people. Do they always ride in a car seat? Do they drive in a car seat? What if you saw a midget driving in a car seat with a plastic steering wheel, and a horn that made a noise like a cow? I would probably laugh.

No comments: