GOOD LUCK DIARY

Welcome to my Blog! Here you will find random thoughts, opinions and stories about my life, or at least losely based on my life. I hope you enjoy them.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Degrassi: The Next Generation


Today, I watched an episode of the Canadian produced television series, Degrassi: The Next Generation. (Do you remember the other great television shows that Canada has provided us? Yeah, me neither.)

Anyway, the tagline for the series is: Degrassi, 100% intense. Let me tell you, they are not kidding!

Today on the show, the character Manny (Cassie Steelle) was breaking up with her boyfriend J.T.(Ryan Cooley) because she had become interested in Craig (Jake Epstein).

At this moment in the episode, J.T. has been depantsed at a hot tube party in front of Manny, who grimices at the site. During the depantsing, a character off-screen refers to J.T.'s penis as, "a stack of dimes." J.T. later sees Craig’s pee-pee in the locker room, and believes Manny is showing interest in Craig because of his size. The following is dialogue between Manny and J.T. (I should tell you that I am only paraphrasing, but none the less hope to express the inner anguish of the conflict that was so eloquently portrayed on screen.)

Craig has something I don't have.-J.T.

Yeah, its called maturity. Your always goofing around, and farting.-Manny

Wow. Thank you Degarassi: The Next Generation. You cut to the inner core of the human experience. Honestly, you make Dr. Martin Luther King and Gandhi look like babbling hobos. There is truly no need to read the Bible after you have heard the words of J.T. and Manny. I can now honestly say that I have no fear of dieing because of their inspiration. Degrassi is 100% intense, but also 100% poetic.

No comments: