GOOD LUCK DIARY

Welcome to my Blog! Here you will find random thoughts, opinions and stories about my life, or at least losely based on my life. I hope you enjoy them.

Friday, October 5, 2007

Yosemite Sam


This one time, I heard a drunk guy yell, "Yosemite Sam is a bastard!"


That's all I heard of the conversation the gentleman was having with himself, but those words have left a lasting impression on me, that in all liklyhood will haunt me for the rest of my life.


Indeed, Yosemite Sam in not an admirable person. The guy is just plain mean. When you consider the man is an Irish cowboy dawf, you realize that he is degrading to both Yosemite National Park and cowboys everywhere.
However, I feel it necessary to point out the positive of Yosemite Sam.
In an artilce on Wikipedia, the author points out that, "Though officially a cowboy, Freleng put Sam in a different costume in almost every film: a knight, a Roman legionary, a pirate, a royal cook, a prison guard, a duke (Duke of Yosemite, no less), a Confederate soldier, and even a space alien."(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yosemite_Sam)


As you can see Yosemite Sam, as an actor, is not just limitted to playing one type of bastard, but rather many different types of bastard roles. In fact he is so good at playing bastards, Yosemite is now tight cast as a bastard.


In recent years, Yosemite has tried to break away from his persona. He auditioned for the Jake Gyllenhaal role in Broke Back Mountaion. Rumor has it that director Ane Lee was impressed by Yosemite's use of his signature yell of, "Oooooh," after me burt himself on Heath Ledger's dick.


I write this to encourage everybody not to judge Mr. Sam. Next time you see him on a mud flap, give him a wink and smile, and remeber that he's not so bad after all.

No comments: